Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday Dress



No birthdays here, but the loveliest pattern from Oliver+s tempted me oh so much that I had to report on my f.o. They're finally making patterns in the conceivable size-range of my "little" girl. After much measuring, I opted for the size 7 with a size 8 length. Unfortunately, it fit her for 7 minutes, during which we took this shot. If you look closely, you can actually see her grow out of it!


Oh well, it was great fun to make. There is little else to swell the heart of this mama than to go fabric shopping with my daughter. And we both loved these prints. The oliver + s pattern was well done (did you see the fun tab on the front?!), but I just don't think I can get my girl into them, so I can't even say I'll try it again. Isn't it funny how when you have cute babies, toddlers, and pre-schoolers around you don't have the time to sew, but when they get older and you can string together a few more minutes, the cute patterns are too small? 


Bring on the grandkids!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Very sweet! :o)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I love the dress! And such a lovely, cooperative model! Ah, the joy that radiates following the end of the school year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home